So, as many of you know, I’m working on my doctorate, and have chosen collaborative composition as my topic. I wrote my last book in a wiki, and had a few folks drop by to ‘help out’.
But I’d like to start a new work of collaborative fiction (CF), and I was wondering if anybody here would like to be involved. This project will be a short story, and I would think that in a few months it would be finished and ready to submit to some magazines
I think in an ideal world we would get at least 10 people who are willing to help out.
What would be required of you?
- Should have fairly decent writing skills.
- Should be willing/able to spend around 1 hour a week in reading/writing/editing our short story
- Be able to work well with others (i.e. flamers need not apply ;)
What would you get in return?
- You’d get your name in print (assuming we write something print-worthy). Everybody who helps out will be listed as a ‘collaborative author.
- If you’re interested in learning to write better, this is almost like a writers group. You will be getting feedback on things you write
- If this works out well, I’d like to see us write more stories, maybe even tackle something big like a book. Those that help out might get to choose the next story.
- If the story gets published, and there is actual money recieved for it, I would like to take half of the money and put it toward a web site where more stories like this can be created. Users will be able to talk about stories, start their own, etc. The other half of the money will be divided evenly among anybody who has made a contribution to the story. So you’ll be getting, like, $3.84 or something like that.
Anyway, is anybody interested? Let me know here, or send me an e-mail at marionjensen & gmail , com.